INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATIENTS AFTER TOOTH EXTRACTION
- Remove the cotton pellet from your mouth after 30 minutes.
- Eat a plain vanilla ice-cream (there should be no nuts or any other filling in it) immediately after that, the ice-cream should touch the area from where your teeth has been removed. If you are a diabetic you can eat a soft chilled fruit or chilled milk. Take the prescribed medicines as per instructions of your dentist.
- Do not gargle forcefully for 2 – 3 days.
- Do not eat any hot/ hard/ spicy food for 24 hours.
- Do not try to check the extraction site by your tongue or your finger, as it may cause infection.
- It is essential to keep the area clean form where the tooth has been removed.
- The effect of the anaesthetic injection will wear off in a few hours. Take care to prevent cheek/ lip biting during this time. You may experience normal post operative discomfort for a few days after tooth removal.
- If the tooth has been removed surgically, you may experience a mild swelling which will subside in 2-3 days.
- If there are stitches, please visit the dentist to get them removed after 7 days.